Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Henri Matisse- La Gerbe

For day 27 the challenge calls for nails inspired by a piece of artwork. For an art student this was very hard, I've seen at least a thousand pieces that could work in the past three years. I decided to go with one that I had seen in person at the LACMA, Henri Matisse's La Gerbe.


It was made in 1953 and is ceramic and ceramic imbedded in plaster. This thing is huge, it weighs 2,000 lbs. You can check out more pictures of it, history, and information of the piece here.


I used:
NYC French Tip White
Revlon Red
Clair's Black and Blue Nail Art Pens
Stripe Rite Yellow and Green
Revlon POSH
NYC Spingstreet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments! Feel free to drop me a line below, but if you want me to check out your blog I would love it if you would send me a link via email instead so I'm sure not to miss it. Thanks! :)